Sunday 25 January 2009

Garden Centre!!!

Well, I didn't get around to sowing my seeds today.

But we did get to go to the local Garden Centre! Haven't been for several weeks so it was nice to be back in plant land once again. Unbelievably, they still had some Christmas stuff in at 75% off! It felt weird seeing Christmas stuff again, as it seems like ages ago now, but we couldn't resist a few bargain buys, mainly tea light holders for dad!

Anywho, on the more interesting side - THE SUMMER BULBS HAVE ARRIVED!!!

I love seeing stand after stand of gorgeous Gladioli, delectable Dahlias and luxurious Lilys. So now, for me anyway, Spring has begun in earnest, even if the calenday says different. Seeds have been sown, and bulbs have been bought.

I got some gorgeous Dahlias (they're all on the National Dahlia Collection website if you'd like to see a pic, but the website's giving me some problems tonight so I can't get pics to show you what they look like);
  • Marlene Joy
  • Garden Festival
  • Bodacious
  • Kaleidoscope
I'm getting to be quite a fan of Dahlias now - I especially love the brightly coloured ones, and the bicolored ones, and the collarettes, and the giant waterlily types, and the ones with the curled up petals, and the...so anyway, I digress! I might buy a few more different types from the NDC as they have an even better selection and some excellent colour combinations. I only bought one variety of Gladioli ('Little Darling') but I'll probably wait until the GC get the rest of their Spring bulbs in and hopefully they'll have some of those big bags of 40 bulbs, and I'll pick up one of those too.

I also discovered another one of my Canna 'Crozy's Hybrids' has emerged today ;) Not sure what's going on next weekend yet, although I'm sure I'll find some more seeds to sow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment